MinistryLINQ has been hard at work to improve the features and functionality of our platform. This spring, we’re launching a new giving portal that enhances the admin and giver experience. Soon, you’ll upgrade to a more robust online giving platform that offers smarter solutions for managing gifts, reporting, and more.
We know change can be intimidating, and we want to ensure you know what to expect when you make the transition. We understand that many of you have different team members who access QSuite for several different tasks. In this guide, we’ll help you learn the new platform by task, and show you the equivalent in our new platform. We’ll review:
- Adding staff as users/permissions to Q-suite
- Creating new or editing existing donor profiles
- Editing Transactions
- Enable a note per fund
- Receiving Auto Reports
- Managing email notices/transaction notices
- Organizing Categories/Funds
- Giving pages
- Batch Reports/Bank Reconciliation
- Entry of gifts into your ChMS or Donor Management System
- Donor Resources for communicating the update
Let’s dive in!
Adding staff as users/permissions to Q-suite
Check out the article Adding Managers and Permissions to watch a short video on updating admin permissions, and learn the breakdown of each Permission and what it provides to a manager.
Creating new or editing existing donor profiles
The tutorial on Donor Management provides instructions on how to view or edit your givers’ contact information, giving history, payment profiles, and ChMS profiles.
Get more familiar with Donor Profiles and how to add a unique ID or envelope number to a donor profiles with these resources:
When changing expiration dates, credit card numbers, addresses, gift amounts, frequency of gift, you go to Reports > Auto Donations > Action > More Info. Plus, you can update Payment Profiles from Auto Donations or the Donor Profile (Donors).
When managing a failed/cancelled transaction, go to: Reports > Transactions > Advanced Search.
Learn more by looking through the resources for Donor Management on the Giving Help Desk.
Enable a Note Per Fund
You may notice that your Giving Page has a Comment Box. The Comment Box will not transfer what is typed by the donor to the reports.
Learn How to Add a Note, Comment, or Memo to a Fund, so they appear on the Transactions page, Deposit Report, and Form Responses.
Receiving Auto Reports
Receiving Auto Reports is also available on the New Platform! Auto emails can be sent to notify your treasurer, bookkeeper, or any number of staff members of giving activity per day, per week, or per month. To learn how to set up these reports click Auto Reports.
Managing Email Notices/Transaction Notices
Customize and send automated emails via your platform. You can find these in Settings > Email Templates.
Get more information by looking at Email Templates: Gift Receipts and Confirmations, New Donors, Recurring Gifts and Expiring Cards.
If you want to update email templates for one-time transactions via the Give Now donor portal form, you’ll do that in Forms.
Check out Forms Properties – Email to get started.
Funds are categories or designations for giving and can be added and managed in Settings > Fund Management.
Get more information by looking through the article Fund Management.
Forms is one of our most loved features because you can create an unlimited number of forms that can be customized to your unique needs like giving and registrations. Review the video and article tutorials on Forms. In the tutorials, you’ll learn:
- How to build/design new pages
- How to update design/brand and layout of existing pages
- How to access URLs to assign to website
Learn more about creating and designing, running, and downloading reports in the article Reporting
Reports are an area that we’ll need to set up a 1:1 coaching session, so you can access all the different data points you need. Here’s a list of articles that will be helpful to review prior to that coaching session:
Learn how to handle bank reconciliation by looking over the helpful article Bank Reconciliation.
Donor Resources for Communicating the Update
Communicating with donors is important as you transition to the new giving portal. Access email templates and online giving resources that you can customize with your specific information to share with donors to help spread the word and keep them informed. Here’s a quick checklist of communicating with givers.
- Email all donors using your branded email template.
- Add communication on your website or add static content to your Give Now form as to the update
- Include How To Videos in your communication to your donors
Steps to Communicate Prior to Migration:
#1: Pull your latest QSuite reports and save them
#2: Pull your Donor list from QSuite in Reporting > Profile List
#3: Make sure you have access to your branded graphics because you’ll need to add them to the new pages/forms in the new platform.
Steps to Communicate Day After Migration Recommendations:
1) Login: Each admin should login using their email address and password from QSuite. If the password doesn’t work, click on FORGOT PASSWORD and receive a temporary password link by email to reset your password.
2) Permissions: The Primary Admin should review each admin’s permissions and make any adjustments as needed. Review Adding Managers and Manager Permission to see how to do that.
3) Forms: Each Form should be reviewed and edited as to any changes you want to make. The Dev team will recreate your pages and set up redirect links, however, you may want to add some verbiage or coloring that you were unable to customize in the legacy platform. Now is the time to really make your pages/forms your branded communication tools!
4) Website: Each form/page has its own embed code and direct link. Once you have edited the forms to your liking, we recommend systematically replacing the embed codes on the websites.
5) Reports: Create the custom data export that closely matches the data you pulled in QSuite. You can also set up Auto Reports to be emailed to whomever wants the daily, weekly, or monthly transactions. Deposit batch reports are not emailed from the system. You’ll need to login and retrieve those batch reports by going to REPORTS > Deposits > Funding.
6) Donors: From your pulled QSuite list, compare the donor list now migrated. If you see duplicate profiles, you will want to merge them. See how to do that by checking out the article, Merge Donor Profiles.
Still need assistance? You can access the MinistryLINQ Training Webinar we hosted.
After you have login in access, you’ll receive an email to set up a coaching session by grabbing a time on our calendar.